2022 College Board Nominations

First Last Biography 
Wendy Beets Wendy Beets BSc MAIG:
I am a proud parent of two JCCA students, one former gifted and talented and one current local student. Having previous board experience, as VP of the Australian Institute of Geoscientists in 2019/20 and Toodyay DHS P&C, in 2011/12, I would now like to volunteer my time and efforts to the JCCA Board.

As our children advance through school, parents lose the contact of the primary school years. As a local community member, I would like to support better outcomes for each and every student and the school community as a whole.

Cavelle Monck I am Cavelle Monck and am the current Board Chair. I am heavily invested in education and it would  be my privilege to continue the important work of the Board, especially with plans for the new build. I feel proud to work with Board members and stakeholders to ensure our students have the best! With a long association at JCCA; my parents were the caretakers in the 1950/60s, my nine siblings, myself, and my own children have attended here (my sixth child has just started Year 11), I hope you will vote for me to continue serving the school community.
Rachael O’Byrne Hello!  My name is Rachael.  I am parent to Sy, who has just started year 7 in the Visual Arts program. We are long-term Freo residents with a love for our beautiful city and we’re excited to have joined the JCCA community.
I am a clinical psychologist and lead a group psychology practice providing mental health support to older adolescents and adults living in and around Fremantle.
I am passionate about mental health and would bring my knowledge, experience and advocacy to the College Board to support the school in supporting the mental health and wellbeing of our kids.
Michelle Dewell I am the parent of a Y9 student, and an enthusiastic patron of the arts, able to commit to actively contributing to the Board. I wish to use my skills to contribute to a progressive college that supports diverse student needs.
I have a breadth of experience and qualifications in governance, project management, and engineering.  I have lived and worked both locally and internationally. I currently lead a data analytics and reporting function for the Department of Finance, the agency responsible for delivering the State’s major projects (eg the new Fremantle film production facility), giving me familiarity with government processes.
Bianca Bryne I’m a Geologist, (BSc Hons), science lover and, like my daughter who has chosen to develop her creative talents and knowledge at JCCA, an artist.
I bring extensive Board experience:
•       Chair of resource Board focussed on governance, engaging employees and organisational future proofing.
•       Member of primary school Board developing strategic plans, governance.
•       Risk management.
•       Financial oversight.
I also helped implement a whole-school science program for Science Week at BPS for five years running.
I am passionate about JCCA and its unique position to integrate creativity with STEM and leverage that to examine and solve the challenges of our world.

http://linkedin.com/in/bianca-byrne-5b656b105

Melody Birrell Melody Birrell has two regionally raised boys who’ve attended JCCA since 2020.  Melody’s educational passions intersect Arts, Sports, Diversity, Inclusion cultures at JCCA and post school employability options for creative thinkers.  Professional work and board experience in youth mental health, resilience education, workforce innovation and community development, drives a 2022 focus around JCCA students developing COVID friendly, peer led, mental health resilience and inclusive wellbeing programs for all.  Linking with innovative, contemporary industry partners to give JCCA students exceptional post school, career and employability in arts, culture, digital, health sciences and innovation arenas is a major interest.

This function has been disabled for John Curtin College of the Arts.