Skip to main content
Close Menu
View menu
View menu

Feature news

  • John Curtin College of the Arts Teacher Wins Prime Minister’s Prize for Science Teaching 

    • Awards + Achievements

    Oct 17th, 2023

  • Admiral Mike Rogers Visits John Curtin College of the Arts

    • Cybersecurity

    Mar 03rd, 2023

  • JCCA Bush Tucker Garden and Dual Naming Announced

    • Arts

    Nov 07th, 2022

  • You’ll Stop Traffic! Crossing Upgrade at JCCA

    • In the community

    May 17th, 2022

More news

What do I do if I am sick and can’t come to school?
Your parents can keep you at home and they need to contact the 24 hour ABSENTEE HOTLINE before 10.00am on 9435 0709 via the SMS system on 0418 902 973 or email [email protected].
If you are going to be absent for more than a day or two your parents should contact Student Services.
A doctor’s certificate should be provided to cover extended absences due to illness or injury.

What do I do if I’m sick at school?
If you are feeling unwell you must report to Student Services who will provide a pass to see the nurse if necessary.
Please do not call for a parent/guardian to collect you, the College will organise this.
When your parent/guardian collects you they must sign you out at Student Services.

What do I do if I have an appointment during College hours?
All students are expected to sign out of the College before leaving at any time.
A note must accompany the student and has to be sighted by the class teacher for early release and then presented at Student Services. You will then be given an official pass out slip that must be kept with you for the rest of the day.
For convenience, and with your parents permission via a note, sms, phone call or email, you can organise the pass out slip before school, at recess or lunchtime and then show that to your teacher to gain permission to leave class.
Not signing out in this manner will result in an unexplained absence.

What do I do if I am late to school?
All students who are late to College are required to tag in at Student Services on their arrival.
This includes students who arrive after recess, after an appointment, etc. You will then be provided with a printed pass into class.
Lates are recorded on the attendance records and a note or phone call from your parent or guardian is expected for all late arrivals.
Alternatively your parents/guardians can call the ABSENTEE HOTLINE
T:9435 0709
SMS: 0418 902 973
E: [email protected].

What do I do if I am lost?
Go to Student Services or Administration and they will tell you where your class is. You could ask a teacher or older student who may be walking by for help as well.

What do I do if I am being made to feel uncomfortable by someone?
See a teacher or a member of the Student Services team. You can bring a friend. When you get home you should discuss with your parents.

How do I order from the canteen?
Our canteen is run by Libby’s Kitchen and provides you with an affordable variety of meals including breakfast. Order via the SpriggySchools App.

Where do I eat lunch?
Year 7 undercover area near Student Services. You can also be in the area bound by Student Services, E block (Ellen Street Theatre), the Learning Centre and the C block. If you are unsure or need assistance visit Student Services or Administration and someone will help you find your way.
Where are the toilets?
The Year 7 girls toilets are near Student Services. The Year 7 boys toilets are directly opposite, on the way to the canteen.

Do I have to wear my uniform?
Yes, every day.

What do I do if I lose something?
Lost property is handed in at Student Services from where it may be claimed by the owner. Lost property will be kept for a period of three months after which non uniform items will be donated to charity and uniform items sold to raise funds for the Chaplaincy. Clearly mark uniform items and personal belongings with your name and we will return the item to you.

Can I bring my skateboard to school?
No. It will be confiscated if you do and your parents will be called to take it home.

Can I bring my bike or electric scooter?
Yes, at your own discretion and must be locked in the bike racks and the College holds no responsibility.

Looking for more help?

View help