Our college calendar sets out the dates for internal and external activities at the college. The calendar is completed at the end of the year before so parents are aware of the next year’s events. Minor amendments are made as necessary throughout the year.
The calendar will be available to parents through Connect at the beginning of 2017 school year.
PUPIL FREE DAYS 2017
TUESDAY 4 APRIL – PARENT/TEACHER DAY YEARS 7, 11 & 12. PUPIL FREE DAY
MAY 22 – PARENT/TEACHER DAY YEARS 8, 9 & 10. PUPIL FREE DAY
|New Year’s Day||Sunday 1 January
Monday 2 January
|Australia Day||Thursday 26 January|
|Labour Day||Monday 6 March|
|Good Friday||Friday 14 April|
|Easter Monday||Monday 17 April|
|ANZAC Day||Tuesday 25 April|
|Western Australia Day||Monday 5 June|
|Queen’s Birthday #||Monday 25 September|
|Christmas Day||Monday 25 December|
|Boxing Day||Tuesday 26 December|
2017 term dates
|Term 1||Wed 1 February – Fri 7 April|
|Break||Sat 8 April – Sun 23 April|
|Term 2||Mon 24 April – Fri 30 June|
|Break||Sat 1 July – Sun 16 July|
|Term 3||Mon 17 July – Fri 22 September|
|Break||Sat 23 September – Sun 8 October|
|Term 4||Mon 9 October – Thu 14 December|
- A Department term dates calendar for 2017 can not be provided as each public school develops its own calendar.
- Easter occurs during the Term 1 and 2 break.
- Please contact your school directly for more information about its specific dates, including school development days (student free).
- Students start the school year on Wednesday 1 February and end the school year on Thursday 14 December.
- There are six school development days where students do not attend:
- Two of these days are before the school year starts for students and one day is after the school year ends for students.
- Each school schedules another three days throughout the year in consultation with its school council/board and school community.
- Independent Public Schools have the flexibility to trade-off school development days (except Monday 30 January and Tuesday 31 January). All other schools have the flexibility to trade-off the last school development day of the school year (Friday 15 December). Teachers should confirm arrangements for their school development days with the school.
- Labour Relations should be consulted for details of staff start and end year dates by occupational group.